One Room Challenge update Week 4
Whew! Welcome to week four of the One Room Challenge! If you are new to the blog welcome! I’m so happy you are here. Just so you don’t feel late to the party you can catch up with what up here: Week 1 Week 2 Week 3
So, week four was filled with some crazy cursing and some serious discussions about whether or not the tool gods were plotting against us. We broke the blade guard on our saw while trying to finish our DIY headboard, our pneumatic nail gun literally blew a part not once (hello Home Depot) but twice, and our paint sprayer didn’t even bother to tease us and simply refused to work at all. <Insert big sigh> Despite all of this we managed to make some headway.
Setbacks aside we finished the headboard. It was not easy (we had to work without the guard) but my hubby got it done! I’ll post a tutorial later this weekend. Here is a peek:
I finally figured out what to do about the plant wall. I had an idea of what I wanted and nothing was working. One of the options I had thought about was several small shelves with pots of plants but when I measured it out I only had room for 2 or 3 shelves. Not the visual impact I had in mind. I finally landed on the idea of a pouch of sorts. But I needed something to attach the pouches too. I tried a few things before settling on a vintage farm drag (it looks like an old piece of fence) that I had in the shed. WOOT! WOOT! I spray painted it black and made felt pockets to hold the plants.
That it for this week. We have still have a few things left to do:
-Work on closet doors
I also need to find new bedding, as the bedding I bought arrived and it’s really peachy pink instead of blush. If you have suggestions please leave them in the comments.